Find Select Projects Easier

If you're looking for a specific project that I've done, please click here for a categorized list page.

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment

If an article interests you, please click below it where it tells the number of comments and leave one. I appreciate all input.

Get My Blog In Your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pirate Shelf

I got caught off guard today. I had an order from my Etsy site at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6823431 for one of my Pirate Shelves. The problem with that was that my last one left my shop a couple months back, but I forgot to take it off the website. So, I cut one out today. Because of the rush on it, I wasn't able to make it like I normally do. Normally I cut this from cottonwood and stain it dark walnut. If I'd done that today though and sealed it up in a box to ship out first thing in the morning, the stain smell would probably have knocked the customer down when they opened the box. So, instead I cut this one out of mahogany. I think the customer will be very happy with that. They'll get it made of an exotic wood for the same price. I take care of my customers though.

No comments:

Post a Comment