Find Select Projects Easier

If you're looking for a specific project that I've done, please click here for a categorized list page.

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment

If an article interests you, please click below it where it tells the number of comments and leave one. I appreciate all input.

Get My Blog In Your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rocking Horse Chair








This is a great project for a beginner or any wood worker who is looking for a project that looks great, but is simple to build. You can purchase the plans here. The whole project can be made using three, eight foot long, one by twelves. The plans show you how to lay it out to get it all with just those three pieces of wood. I cut my pieces out on a scroll saw. It could easily be cut though using a band saw or jig saw.


I built one of these last year for a friend of mine. This one is for that same friend's brother. It is unfinished because their mother is painting them. I seen the one I built last year after it was painted and she really added character to it.


This one is made out of cottonwood. It is meant for small children who are to small for a regular rocking horse, but can hold themselves upright without assistance. The plans say from twelve to twenty four months. That seems about right to me.


The only difference in the ones I've built and the plans is that there is supposed to be a star cut in the sides of the rocker area, and the back of the seat. I decided to eliminate this because I seen it as a pinching hazard for the small children it is designed for.








1 comment:

  1. Do you have one that I may Purchase for my granddaughter who will be 1 years old in 2 weeks?

    Dave (grandfather)

    ReplyDelete