Find Select Projects Easier

If you're looking for a specific project that I've done, please click here for a categorized list page.

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment

If an article interests you, please click below it where it tells the number of comments and leave one. I appreciate all input.

Get My Blog In Your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, June 3, 2011

Chess Set by Willy B.





This is a chess set that Willy B. made for his son. Each square is about three inches to give you an idea of the size of this work of art. The dark squares and pieces are red oak. The light squares and pieces are maple. Willy says he can't remember where he got the plans from. If anyone is interested in building one like it, let me know, and I'll do my best to find the plans for it. It functional for a chess fan as well as a beautiful work of art.

At first glance of these photos, I thought it was a beautiful piece, with the squares being solid squares, glued up like a cutting board. Then I started looking closer. Each square also has detailed fret work in it. That just added a whole new element to an already astounding piece of work.

This is great Willy. I'll bet anyone your son may play chess with loses to him because they are too busy wishing they had this chess set for themselves.

Thank you again for sharing your work with us.





1 comment:

  1. Hi. Just noticed the chess set you pictured June 3, 2011. It is beautiful. Are there plans for this set available for purchase?

    Thank you,
    Joe Nuetzi
    Jacksonville, FL.

    ReplyDelete