Find Select Projects Easier

If you're looking for a specific project that I've done, please click here for a categorized list page.

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment

If an article interests you, please click below it where it tells the number of comments and leave one. I appreciate all input.

Get My Blog In Your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Portraits






These are not actually "new" projects. They were done a few months back. I was looking over the site though and noticed that while I have a lot of fretwork posted, there was not many portraits. Portraits are sort of the staple of scrollsawing for so many people that I figured I'd add more to the site. I hope in the near future to sit down and take the time to learn a new trick. Over at scrollsaw village, there is a lesson on making your own patterns using a program called GIMP. There is a link to Scrollsaw Village at the right if you'd like to go check it out yourself. I want to learn this technique so I can turn photographs into scrollsaw patterns. I think that would be just the coolest thing.




Anyway, the portraits you see are all mounted on a piece of stained cottonwood. They are scrolled into birch plywood. I no longer use plywood, but these were cut back before I got my planer. They were framed with a simple shadowbox style. If you've been keeping up with the site, you know that since then, I have been polishing up my mitering skills by making some nicer frames. After getting multiple opinions, I think the mitered frames have won the vote of public opinion. So, in the future, unless requested otherwise, that's the style I'll use.











No comments:

Post a Comment