Find Select Projects Easier

If you're looking for a specific project that I've done, please click here for a categorized list page.

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment

If an article interests you, please click below it where it tells the number of comments and leave one. I appreciate all input.

Get My Blog In Your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grizzly





After playing with the colors of the cutting on my last two portrait style cuttings, I wanted to do some playing with the background colors as well. Most of my portraits have a simple gloss black background which I accomplish by simply spray painting a piece of wood to back up the cutting with. I have done backgrounds with colors other than black. I wanted to take it a step further. What about a background with two different colors?

When I thought of this, it wasn't hard to make the jump to doing so with an appropriate pattern and simply mask off half the backer board and spray black on half of the board, over the blue. This created a black colored bear, with blue mountain and river details behind him. I really like how this turned out and will be trying to think of new ways to play around with colors in future portrait style cuttings.






No comments:

Post a Comment