Find Select Projects Easier

If you're looking for a specific project that I've done, please click here for a categorized list page.

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment

If an article interests you, please click below it where it tells the number of comments and leave one. I appreciate all input.

Get My Blog In Your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Marble Machine Goes Modular - Track Blocks - Part 3

I had a good day today. Actually, it wasn't a good day at all, but I did get a lot done. To tell the truth, I was angry today. It's a long story, but I was just mad. When I get that way, I have a tendency to push back any pain I may be having and just go. I usually pay for it later, but I get a lot done.
That being said, this is what I got done today.
Three funnels.
Two circulating bowls.
One ski jump.
One rocker ramp.
Two flip flops.
And of course they all have the same grid measured holes in the bottoms as all the other pieces.
You may notice in this photo that the circulating bowls have a half hole removed on one face of the bottom. There is a good reason for this. These are usually going to mounted low over pieces below them. They need this relief area so marbles have room to clear them while moving on along the tracks.
And that completes all the track blocks. Here is a photo of them all, along with the riser blocks stacked neatly on top of the base plates.
To give everyone a better idea of the magnitude of all that I've done lately with this project, here is all the pieces laid out in full view. The only thing you don't see here is the base with the pump mounted in it.
Next up, I have to test and possibly fine tune the fitment of any pieces that are problematic. Then everything needs to have a finish put on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment