Find Select Projects Easier

If you're looking for a specific project that I've done, please click here for a categorized list page.

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment

If an article interests you, please click below it where it tells the number of comments and leave one. I appreciate all input.

Get My Blog In Your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rocking Cradle With Canopy

I've made this cradle a couple of times before. It was time to make it again though when I found out a family member was in need of one for child that is expected to make a debut soon. It is made of cottonwood. I used a beeswax finish on this one.
It is a fairly simple construction. My favorite part of the whole project though is the inlaid canopy top. In my opinion, it just makes or breaks the whole cradle. The rocker assembly can be removed from the rest of the cradle if the child is still using it when it gets old enough to be capable of climbing the sides, presenting a dangerous tipping hazard.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was going to leave a comment but found the plans. Great work.

    ReplyDelete