Find Select Projects Easier

If you're looking for a specific project that I've done, please click here for a categorized list page.

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment

If an article interests you, please click below it where it tells the number of comments and leave one. I appreciate all input.

Get My Blog In Your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Trains And More Trains

Any of you who regularly read my ramblings have seen and heard all about these Rocking Iron Horse trains before. You've also may probably remember my fascination of trains in general. For several weeks though, the train building have went off the rails (lame joke fully intended).
The one you see in these photos is the one I built first, which was completed a couple of weeks ago. Well, the guy who it was for liked it. He liked it a lot. He must have, because.........
He wanted two more.
All three trains are built entirely of cotton wood except for the train frames. The frames are made of sapelle because I did not have any other material thick enough when building them and did not want to run all the way to town for material when I had these sticks under a table that would work just fine.
 The different colors are obtained with different stains. The red and blue is tinted, waterbased Minwax stain. After they are assembled, they are finished off with Polycrylic, a water based clear coat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment