Find Select Projects Easier

If you're looking for a specific project that I've done, please click here for a categorized list page.

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment

If an article interests you, please click below it where it tells the number of comments and leave one. I appreciate all input.

Get My Blog In Your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, November 2, 2012

Wallet Size Photo Frames

A friend shipped me some lacewood and birdseye maple a while back. You may remember it as the wood I built the lamp for my wife with. Well, I wished to do something for him. Even though he insisted that it was not necessary, I convinced him to tell me something he needed. He says he had some photos of his daughter that needed frames. He hadn't been able to find any, because they don't really make nice frames much for wallet size photos.
So, I took patterns out of the book you see above. The patterns are actually sized for four by six photos, but I done an overlay to reduce down to two and three eighths by three and three eighths size photos.
The top, darker frame has a piece on back to allow it to sit upright on a desk or shelf. The other two are meant to be hung on a wall. All the darker wood is sapelle and the lighter wood is cottonwood. They are finished with Minwax Wipe On Polyurethane.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...fantastic...me gustò mucho...gracias por compartir.

    ReplyDelete